- S.W. Eaton, A. Fu, A.B. Wong, C.Z. Ning, and P. D. Yang, Semiconductor Nanowire Lasers, Nature Review Materials, 1,16028 (2016), doi:10.1038/natrevmats.2016.28
- Z. Liu, H. Sun, L.J. Yin, Y.Z. Li, J.X. Zhang, C.Z. Ning, Single Crystal Erbium Compound Nanowires as High Gain Material for On-chip Light Source Applications, Front. Optoelectron., 9, 312 (2016)
- R. Aust, T. Kaul, C.Z. Ning, B. Lingnau, and K. Luedge, Modulation Response of Nanolasers: What Rate-Equation Approaches Miss, Opt. Quant. Electron., 48, 109(2016)
- C.Z. Ning, Nanolasers: Current Status of The Trailblazer of Synergetics, in Self-Organization in Complex Systems: The Past, Present, and Future of Synergetics, eds. A. Pelster and G. Wunner, (Springer, 2016), pp.109-128
- F. Fan, S. Turkdogan, Z. Liu, D. Schelhammer,and C.Z. Ning, A Monolithic White Laser, Nature Nanotech., 10, 796 (2015) (see also the Supplementary Information)
- K. Ding, J. Diaz, D. Bimberg, and C.Z. Ning, Modulation bandwidth and energy efficiency of metallic cavity semiconductor nanolasers with inclusion of noise effects, Laser and Photonics Review, 9, 488(2015) (see also the Supporting Information)
- P. L. Nichols, Z.C. Liu, L.J. Yin, S. Turkdogan, F. Fan, and C.Z. Ning, CdxPb1–xS Alloy Nanowires and Heterostructures with Simultaneous Emission in Mid-Infrared and Visible Wavelengthsis, Nano Letters, 15, (2015), DOI: 10.1021/nl503640x
- D.A. Caselli and C.Z. Ning, Monolithically-integrated laterally-arrayed multiple bandgap solar cells for spectrum-splitting photovoltaic systems (Invited Review), Progress in Quantum Electronics, 39, 24–70 (2015)
- C.Z. Ning, What is Laser Threshold? J. Special Topics of Quantum Electronics, 19, 1503604 (2013)
- Z. C. Liu, L. J. Yin, H. Ning, Z. Y. Yang, L. M. Tong and C.Z. Ning, Dynamical Color-Controllable Lasing with Extremely Wide Tuning Range from Red to Green in a Single Alloy Nanowire,Nano Letters,13,4945(2013)
- L.J. Yin, D. Shelhammer, G.J. Zhao, Z. C. Liu, and C.Z. Ning, Erbium Density Control and Optimization in Erbium Yttrium Chloride Silicate Single Crystal Nanowires as a High Gain Material, Semicond. Sci. Technol., 28, 124002(2013)
- K. Ding and C.Z. Ning, Fabrication challenges of electrical injection metallic cavity semiconductor nanolasers (invited paper), Semicond. Sci. Technol., 28, 124002(2013)
- X.Wu, Y. Xiao, C. Meng, X. Zhang, S. Yu, Y. Wang, C. Yang, X. Guo, C.Z. Ning, and L.M. Tong, Hybrid Photon-Plasmon Nanowire Laserst, Nano Letters, 13, 5654(2013)
- F. Fan, Z. Liu, L. Yin, P. L. Nichols, H. Ning, S. Turkdogan and C. Z. Ning, Simultaneous two-color lasing in a single CdSSe heterostructure nanosheet,Semicond. Sci. Technol. 28 (2013) 065005
- K. Ding, M. Hill, Z.C. Liu, L. J. Yin, P. J. van Veldhoven, and C.Z. Ning, An electrical injection metallic cavity nanolaser with azimuthal polarization Lasers, Appl. Phys. Lett., 102, 041110 (2013); doi: 10.1063/1.4775803
- K. Ding, H. Wang, M. Hill, and C.Z. Ning, Design and fabrication of an electrical injection metallic bowtie plasmonic structure integrated with semiconductor gain medium, Appl. Phys. Lett., 103, 091112 (2013)
- K. Ding, M. Hill, Z.C. Liu, L. J. Yin, P. J. van Veldhoven, and C.Z. Ning, Record performance of electrical injection subwavelength metallic-cavity semiconductor lasers at room temperature, Opt. Express, 21, 4728(2013)
- C.Z. Ning, Semiconductor Nanowire Lasers, in J.J. Coleman, A.C. Bryce, C.Jagadish, editors: Semiconductors and Semimetals, Vol. 86, Burlington: Academic Press, Elsevier, 2012, pp.455-486
- K. Ding and C. Z. Ning, Metallic subwavelength-cavity semiconductor nanolaser. (an invited review). Light: Science and Applications, 1(7),e20(2012); doi:10.1038/lsa.2012.20
- L. Yin, H. Ning, S. Turkdogan, Z. Liu, P. L. Nichols, and C. Z. Ning, Long lifetime, high density single-crystal erbium compound nanowires as a high optical gain material, Appl. Phys. Lett., 100, 241905(2012)
- M.H. Sun, H. J. Joyce, Q. Huang, H.H. Tan, C. Jagadish, C. Z. Ning, Removal of Surface States and Recovery of Band-Edge Emission in InAs Nanowires through Surface Passivation, and Supporting Information, Nano Lett., 12 (7), pp 3378–3384 (2012); DOI: 10.1021/nl300015w
- J.J. Li, L.J. Yin, S. R. Johnson, B. J. Skromme, S. Wang, X. Liu, D. Ding, C.Z. Ning, J. K. Furdyna, and Y.H. Zhang, Photoluminescence studies of type-II CdSe/CdTe superlattices, Appl. Phys. Lett., 101, 061915 (2012)
- D. Li and C.Z. Ning, Interplay of various loss mechanisms and ultimate size limit of a surface plasmon polariton semiconductor nanolaser, Opt. Exp., 20, 16348-16357 (2012)
- Wei Xu, Alan Chin, Laura Ye, C. Z. Ning and Hongbin Yu, Space-Charge-Limited Current and Trap Characterization in GaSb Nanowires, J. Appl. Phys.，111, 104515 (2012); doi: 10.1063/1.4720080
- K. Ding, Z.C. Liu, L.J. Yin, M. T. Hill, M. J. H. Marell, P. J. van Veldhoven, R. Nöetzel, C.Z. Ning, Room Temperature Continuous Wave Lasing in Deep-Subwavelength Metallic-Cavities under Electrical Injection, Phys. Rev. B85 (Rapid Communication), 041301(2012)
- T. Takahashi, P. Nichols, K. Takei, A. C. Ford, A. Jamshidi, M. C. Wu, C.Z. Ning, A. Javey, Contact Printing of Compositionally Graded CdSxSe1-x Nanowire Parallel Arrays for Tunable Photodetectors, Nanotechnology, 23，045201（2012）
- X. Zhuang, C.Z. Ning, A. L. Pan, Composition and Bandgap-Graded Semiconductor Alloy Nanowires (Invited Review), Adv. Mater. (DOI: 10.1002/adma.201103191), 24, 13(2012)
- InxGa1‑xAs Nanowires on Silicon: One-Dimensional Heterogeneous Epitaxy, Bandgap Engineering, and Photovoltaics, Jae Cheol Shin, Kyou Hyun Kim, Ki Jun Yu, Hefei Hu, Leijun Yin, Cun-Zheng Ning, John A. Rogers,Jian-Min Zuo, and Xiuling Li, Nano Lett., 11, 4831, 2011.
- Influence of Supersaturation and Spontaneous Catalyst Formation on the Growth of PbS Wires: Toward a Unified Understanding of Growth Modes, Patricia L. Nichols, Minghua Sun and Cun-Zheng Ning, ACS. Nano,5, 8730 (2011).
- Single-crystal erbium chloride silicate nanowires as a Si-compatible light emission material in communication wavelengths, Anlian Pan, Leijun Yin, Zhicheng Liu, Minghua Sun, Ruibin Liu, Patricia L. Nichols, Yanguo Wang, and C. Z. Ning, Opt. Mater. Exp, Vol. 1, No. 7, pp. 1202-1209, 2011.
- Semiconductor Alloy Nanowires and Nanobelts With Tunable Optical Properties, (Invited Review), Anlian Pan, Patricia L. Nichols and C. Z. Ning, IEEE. J. Sel. Top. Quant., Vol. 17, No. 4, pp 808–818, 2011.
- All-semiconductor active plasmonic system in mid-infrared wavelengths, Debin Li and C. Z. Ning, Opt. Exp., Vol. 19, No. 15, pp. 14594-14603, 2011.
- Electrical injection, continuous wave operation of subwavelength-metallic cavity lasers at 260 K, Kang Ding, Zhicheng Liu, Leijun Yin, Hua Wang, Ruibin Liu, Martin T. Hill, Milan J. H. Marell, Peter J. van Veldhoven, Richard Nötzel, and C. Z. Ning, Appl. Phys. Lett., 98, 231108, 2011.
- High-performance laterally-arranged multiple-bandgap solar cells using spatially composition-graded CdxPb1-xS nanowires on a single substrate: a design study, D. A. Caselli and C. Z. Ning, Opt. Exp., Vol. 19, No. S4, pp. A686-A694, 2011.
- A Top-down Approach to Fabrication of High Quality Vertical Heterostructure Nanowire Arrays, Hua Wang, Minghua Sun, Kang Ding, Martin T. Hill, and Cun-Zheng Ning, Nano Letters Vol. 11 1646-1650, 2011.
- "Photoluminescence properties of InAs nanowires grown on GaAs and Si substrates", Minghua Sun, Eunice S. P. Leong, Alan H. Chin, Cun-Zheng Ning, G. E. Cirlin, Yu B. Samsonenko, V. G. Dubrovskii, L. Chuang and C. Chang-Hasnainand, Nanotechnology, 21, 335705, 2010.
- "Peculiar features of confinement factors in a metal-semiconductor waveguide", Debin Li and C.Z Ning, Appl. Phys. Lett., 96, 181109, 2010.
- "Semiconductor nanolasers", C.Z. Ning, Phys. Stat. Sol. B, 247, 774-788, 2010. This paper was later translated into Chinese and published in Progress in Physics, Here is the Chinese version "Semiconductor nanolasers (Chinese)"
- "Spatial Composition Grading of Quaternary ZnCdSSe Alloy Nanowires with Tunable Light Emission between 350 and 710 nm on a Single Substrate", Anlian Pan, Ruibin Liu, Minghua Sun and Cun-Zheng Ning, ACS. Nano, 4 (2), pp 671–680, 2010.
- "Giant modal gain, amplified surface plasmon-polariton propagation, and slowing down of energy velocity in a metal-semiconductor-metal structure", Debin Li and C.Z Ning, Phys. Rev. B, 80, 153304, 2009.
- "Quaternary Alloy Semiconductor Nanobelts with Bandgap Spanning the Entire Visible Spectrum", Anlian Pan, Ruibin Liu, Minghua Sun and Cun-Zheng Ning, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 131 (27), pp 9502–9503, 2009.
- "Lasing in metal-insulator-metal sub-wavelength plasmonic waveguides", Martin T. Hill, Milan Marell, Eunice S. P. Leong, Barry Smalbrugge, Youcai Zhu, Minghua Sun, Peter J. van Veldhoven, Erik Jan Geluk, Fouad Karouta, Yok-Siang Oei, Richard Nötzel, Cun-Zheng Ning, and Meint K. Smit , Optics Express, Vol. 17, Issue 13, pp. 11107-11112, 2009.
- "Continuous Alloy-Composition Spatial Grading and Superbroad Wavelength-Tunable Nanowire Lasers on a Single Chip", Anlian Pan, Weichang Zhou, Eunice S. P. Leong, Ruibin Liu, Alan H. Chin, Bingsuo Zou, C. Z. Ning, Nano Letters Vol. 9 784-788, 2009.
- "Nanolasers based on nanowires and surface plasmons", C.Z. Ning, SPIE Newsroom article, DOI: 10.1117/2.1200901.1486, 30 January 2009.
2008 & Before